I would like to join the web dev team

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon May 27 10:29:09 UTC 2013

Hey Joan (adding xubuntu-devel back to "To")!

On 27/05/13 01:03, Joan Advincula wrote:

> On May 27, 2013 1:42 AM, "Pasi Lallinaho" <pasi at shimmerproject.org
> <mailto:pasi at shimmerproject.org>> wrote:
> >
> > We do have a bug about including at least the Twitter account feed
> to the website. Since this is moderated and updated by the team, and
> sometimes has information that's clearly directed at users but which
> isn't available on the website, it would be the perfect choice, if we
> decide to pull something in from social media.
> >

> Maybe a selective feed. Filetered, like.

With Twitter we wouldn't need that. With other feeds I'm not sure
filtering is worth it.

> > Realistically, the "Desktop of the Week" -gallery would need more
> than one submission per week, and we should have several waiting in
> line for publishing. The problem isn't updating the website, the
> problem is making sure we have a steady and sufficient influx of
> submissions. This is something that somebody should be constantly
> looking at.
> >

> Meaning it has to be launched in some way first before actually
> putting the box on the Xubuntu pages. Like, you guys first, the
> Xubuntu dev people, then users. That way, we could have enough for
> publishing and some waiting in line.

That's possible. We did gather some screenshots for magazine articles we
were writing some time again, those should be fine to use here as well.

> Maybe I should volunteer to maintain that. (If you guys would take up
> on that offer and you have other things occupying your time.) What's
> it gonna take? Or require of me?

Thanks for the interest! If you are familiar with IRC, join us at
#xubuntu-devel on Freenode (you can use the Freenode webchat [1]). That
would be the easiest way to get started and discuss about the details.

Ultimately (whether you joined us on IRC or not), put up a detailed
proposal of what you would like to see; where in the site, how to gather
the data, etc. Then send it back to this list and we can proceed with it.

If you have any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask
the team and we'll sort it out together.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=xubuntu-devel