I would like to join the web dev team

Joan Advincula mj.advincula at gmail.com
Sun May 26 17:04:26 UTC 2013

Hi, everyone.

I know I don't chime in much or if I'm exactly competent enough to but
there are just some things I'd like to say about Kyle's proposals.

Maybe adding a social networking component  appears to be the in-thing
these days but adding too many of them would, in my opinion, destroy the
clean and cool look of the Xubuntu homepage. (Which I love very much.)

If there be plans to add them, a good balance should be found. They're just
overwhelming when used incorrectly.

On the other hand, they are good for promotion and such. Again, balance.
Good balance.

As for the images, I am very much in agreement about the idea of adding
more Xubuntu screenshots. A user-submitted gallery would be excellent as
well. Or maybe something like a "Desktop of the Week" box or gallery. Kinda
like the one they have over at Bodhi.

- Joan