Reporting Bugs

Armando S. Romero III iam at yourfriendarmando.com
Tue Jul 2 01:05:17 UTC 2013

If I read it backward, I take it expressly as: A bug is reportable up until a replacement for it comes up, and of course if the issue isn't already a known errata by its owners. It would be best to attempt to reproduce the issue with the newer package and see if it has already been addressed with the newer release.

Research change logs and readme files first. Help reduce distracting the devs with email traffic.

What do you think?

Istimsak Abdulbasir <saqman2060 at gmail.com> wrote:

Can someone further analyze this paragraph.

"For bugs in the Linux (Ubuntu)
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux> package,
unless the upstream maintainer or kernel developer notes otherwise, if a
new mainline kernel comes out, and you haven't tested with it, your report
is considered Status Incomplete <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status> whether
or not someone toggled the Status of your report. "

Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs