Bug #1208204 - "indicator-sound no longer functions with xfce4-indicator-plugin"

Richard Elkins richard.elkins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:10:57 UTC 2013

Ubuntu Desktop team,

I know that everyone is busy and Unity probably has a higher priority
than XFCE.  However, there are a lot of XFCE users in the Ubuntu family
of distros (E.g. Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio).  They really need help with
the subject bug.

Developers and other command-line users can employ the patch provided in
message #69 of that bug report (automates the work-around) or they can
manually re-apply the patch indicated in message #5; they can also grab
the 14.04 version of the package and try that too.  On the other hand,
pure desktop users are a bit gun-shy of using a terminal window or
straying away from the normal mode of package maintenance.

A lot of criticism has been expressed about this bug not yet being fixed
(over 4 months old).  Some XFCE users are apparently abandoning Saucy
and going back to wherever they came from.

Can we get some traction for our XFCE users on this bug?

Thank you for your consideration,

Richard aka texadactyl at launchpad