Xubuntu vUDS sessions

Stephen Michael Kellat skellat at fastmail.net
Wed Aug 14 18:52:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:01:01 +0300
Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org> wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> the next vUDS is taking place on 27–29 August from 14–20UTC.
>
> How do you, dear Xubuntu team members, feel about scheduling the
> Xubuntu sessions? Should we schedule our sessions on the official
> timeslots or after those, as we did the last time? Do we want
> meetings on all three days, or would one or two be enough? Should we
> run videoconferences or do IRC meetings?
>
> If we want to have a videoconference or two, I'd prefer an earlier
> time (preferably 17UTC at latest). If not, I don't have any
> preference over when we have the meetings. I also think that two
> meetings (or even one) will be enough, since we're going to have two
> meetings before vUDS as well.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi

[snip]

The agenda on summit.ubuntu.com is still pretty much empty.  I imagine we can get by with a single IRC meeting after the conclusion of vUDS-1308.  The only reason I can think of to schedule a session during the formal vUDS structure is to spend time explaining on camera the rationale behind whatever decision we come to with respect to Mir/XMir.  I know we can always tell people to read the meeting log but that would be an additional way to cover ourselves.

Stephen Michael Kellat