Fwd: Re: [xubuntu-users] Tip: Use PCManFM

David Segura M davidseg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 02:38:21 UTC 2012

El 31/10/12 17:13, Lionel Le Folgoc escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 09:27:39PM +0000, Joshua O'Leary wrote:
>> Will do, am quite busy (doing AS-Level Work) but have already
>> started a wiki:
>> https://github.com/Joshun/xubuntu-wiki/wiki/Thunar-vs-PcmanFM
>>
>> Some of Thunar's bugs include slow initial launch, and duplicate
>> entries. It also lacks some features such as tabbed browsing and
>> integrated desktop management, pcmanfm's gvfs integration seems more
>> reliable, and it has much faster start and browse times. Not sure
>> how to find about about translation support, will have to research
>> that.
I am actually pretty happy with Thunar and its performance, it  does
everything i need with a decent resource consumption and the custom
actions are really really useful besides the Xfce integration of course.
About the slow start time it just happens the first time you open it and
if you do not use shared networks there is a way to get rid of it.

> I've fixed the issue about duplicate volumes in Thunar and xfdesktop
> already (however, it needs to be approved for quantal, and people seem
> to be busy with the UDS, so I guess it'll happen next week).
>
> And all the bugs you mentioned (except integrated desktop management)
> should have been fixed in the latest development release (1.5.1), which
> will be part of Xfce 4.12. Yes, this includes tabbed browsing.

Am I reading it right? Thunar WILL HAVE TABS when Xfce 4.12 comes?

--
David Segura M