Beginner Xubuntu Developer

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Tue Mar 20 00:18:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 00:11:28 +0000
Diarmuid Bogner <b0gner17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all, just signed up for the mailing list. I have a very large
> interest in Xubuntu and I want to contribute on making it better. I do not
> have a lot of programming experience but I am currently learning python. I
> would appreciate if anyone had any resources which could get me going on
> developing for Xubuntu. Also I do have experience with Gimp, Photoshop and
> recently some inkscape so I can help also on the artistic side of things
> but my main focus is learning to program for the operating system.
>
> Kind Regards,

Hey Diarmuid,

help and interest is always appreciated.
As current artwork-lead I can tell you that I'd be happy if more people contributed to this side of Xubuntu, but I know that many other areas can use your help as well. So feel free to step in wherever you feel comfortable.
The most direct way of getting in touch with the xubuntu-dev community is via irc, simply join freenode.org and then #xubuntu-devel. Of course there's also this mailinglist, which is not a bad way to get started. If you decide you want to work on a specific issue you can also try to contact the maintainer/developer directly, depending on what ways of communication he/she has enabled e.g. via launchpad.

We're a rather small-ish team at the moment (and in fact always were), so really, any help is appreciated.

All the best
Simon