Could use some help on some 12.10 FAQ

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 1 16:55:43 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:02 AM, Jack Fromm <jjfrv8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that #8 got dropped from the final document and I think that was a
> good decision.
>
> I found this link to a how-to:
> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/08/how-to-make-application-always-open-on.html
> but I could not make it work.  Maybe it's because Compiz and Xfce 4.10 don't
> play well together. I don't know, I've never used Compiz myself.  At any
> rate, even if it could be made to work, it seems way too much trouble for
> what it's worth, IMO.

Yes, I want to thank Brian Smith for taking the time to provide an
answer, but people were looking for something more automatic and all
the solutions out there were complicated and didn't look like they
were things we should be recommending in an official FAQ.

And Jack - thanks for #3!

Our FAQ were published yesterday:
http://xubuntu.org/news/faq-1210-quantal-quetzal/

--