Documentation; GO!

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 11 21:31:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Paulo Ribeiro <paulo at diffraction.pt> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Over the weekend I managed to install the DocBookWiki application on a
> Ubuntu Server 10.04 machine, but unfortunately I couldn't get the
> application to work. I suspect that DocBookWiki is no longer compatible
> either with phpWebApp, which is one of the dependencies, or with PHP 5.
>
> Furthermore, the project isn't actively maintained for at least 4 years
> (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=b321594e0803040804l3807d216jfe00ae936f927206%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=doc-book-users),
> which limits the option of asking for support.

Thanks for spending the time on this!

> Interestingly, I found an old blog post by Mark Shuttleworth where he poses
> the same requirements as the Xubuntu Documentation project:
>
> http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/59
>
> There are many suggestions of tools to do the job in the comments, including
> the built-in DocBook support of MoinMoin, which sounds promising.
>
> Perhaps someone is already familiarized with one of the suggested tools and
> could give any advice about using them in the Documentation project?

I'm not sure such a person exists who is available right now :)

Looking at this project, it's quite a big one and docs freeze is on
September 20th so we really want to get moving forward soon so we can
get this in on time.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com