Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-09-25

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Sep 26 14:24:16 UTC 2011

The previous minutes dated 2011-09-25 were actually the minutes for the
meeting held on 2011-09-19.

== 2011-09-25 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

#topic === Old Business ===

 * verify top 10 FAQ and check help links in 10
 * charlie-tca to get FFe filed for xubuntu-meta to add blueman to
   seeds - Carried Forward
  * madnick to test blueman in ppa:micahg/patch-test
 * docs need a version bump (s/11.04/11.10)
 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
   Carried Forward
 * madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - Postponed until LTS
 * drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried
   Forward to LTS
   * Consumes too much memory bug has been fixed
 * activate the "maybe-ubiquity" option for LTS - Carried Forward

#topic === Team updates ===
#subtopic ==== Packaging & Development ====

 * New upstream bugfix releases uploaded: thunar 1.2.3, xfce4-panel
   4.8.6, xfwm4 4.8.2, xfce4-utils 4.8.3, xfce4-settings 4.8.3, garcon
   0.1.9
 * micahg has been working on blueman (cf. "old business" topic)
 * Launchpad bug 840094 in xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu Oneiric) "[xubuntu]
   There is no screen title" [High,Confirmed]
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/840094
 * Launchpad bug 836208 in xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "On login to xubuntu
   session, starts nautilus which ruins desktop" [Undecided,Incomplete]
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/836208

#subtopic ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * A big thank you to everyone for helping get Beta2 out the door. We
   now have about three weeks left before the final release of Xubuntu
   11.10.
 * Testing will update both google docs and
   http://gridcube.netii.net/test/XTCv2.html this week.
 * Keep the bugs coming in, please
  * We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

#subtopic ==== Website & Marketing ====

 * The wordpress site has been approved. We are now in the process of
   converting http://xubuntu.org from drupal to wordpress
  * knome is working on moving content over to the testing site we have
   now
 * We need to be telling people they can submit articles anytime they
   want.

#subtopic ==== Artwork ====

 * Lightdm greeter theme might make it into Oneiric

#subtopic ==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
   update it.

#topic === Announcements ===

 * The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-10-03 at 19:00 UTC
 * Important dates coming up:
  * We are now in UI Freeze and Beta2 Freeze; archives will remain
   frozen until final release.
  * 11.10 Final Freeze: September 29
  * 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
 * We need to update the Team Reports this week.

#topic === Any Other Business ===

 * Blueprints
  * We should blueprint at least for default applications and have one
   uds session for default apps
  * it would eliminate the time gap we have now deciding what is going
   to stay and what is going to change
  * This could be a single blueprint; specifying goals for Xubuntu for
   the release cycle

 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 *
   [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-09-25
   | Meeting log]]

#topic === Xubuntu Governance ===

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure

#subtopic Nominations for Xubuntu Project Lead

 * Nominations for project lead are now open.
  * Those wishing to nominate themselves or others should do so by
   email to either mailing list, or myself (charlie-tca at ubuntu.com).
  * Nominations will close October 20, 2011, and the community election
   will be held at the meeting on October 23, 2011. If there are issues
   with this, please let us know between now and October 20.
  * <GridCube> Can I propose you to Project Leader charlie-tca? not
   because you just are the current one, but because i think you are
   doing a pretty good job at it, and I think that thats good :D

=== Action items ===

 * madnick to test blueman in ppa:micahg/patch-test

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead