Roadmap items approval and schedule

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Nov 21 22:28:28 UTC 2011

On 11/22/2011 12:24 AM, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> This is a call for Xubuntu developers to open their mouth and give
> counterarguments for roadmap items [1], if willing.
>
> Note that those items with * in the assignee field, approval means
> that people can start working with the items, but further community
> discussion and approval will have to be given before any work within
> the specification can start. To be as verbose and clear as possible,
> these items are:
> - New media player (audio)
> - Ubiquity "Application sets"
> - Rethink shortcut keys
> - Clean themes (GTK, xfwm, wallpapers) list
>
> For all other items, approval means that people are free to start
> working on the items. These items will need community approval before
> committing to repositories too.
>
> If no argumenst against the items are made before the end of November,
> all items with assignees will be accepted. Items that have no assignee
> will not be approved, and will be postponed to next release. You can
> take any items with no assignee until the end of November. (Note that
> all the blueprints are accepted for Precise now for technical reasons.)
>
> Note that new items can't be added to the roadmap anymore, without
> getting specific approval at the community meeting in advance. The
> blueprints and specifications for all items should be ready before the
> end of Week 50.
>
> I hope I was clear enough. If there is anything you'd like to ask or
> add, please reply to the list as soon as possible.
>
> Yt,
> Pasi
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap

To be even more verbose, the items with no assignee are:
- New Icon theme
- Port Albatross to GTK3
- Reintegrate the update manager to the notification area

If you want to start working on these items, add yourself as the
assignee in the wiki, and contact me at IRC [1] and I'll set up a
blueprint for you.

Pasi

[1]
Nick: knome