Xfce on Xubuntu website

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Nov 7 00:31:02 UTC 2011

On 11/06/2011 01:21 PM, Joris Bierkens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just a question/comment.
>
> When looking at the xubuntu page, I notice there is no mention
> whatsoever of the xfce window manager.
> Currently, when reading the xubuntu webpages, it would not be clear to
> me what is the difference between Xubuntu and Ubuntu/Kubuntu.
>
> This way, potential new users will see no reason to use Xubuntu, only
> people that already know it will keep using it. Is this deliberate? Is
> Xubuntu going to disappear?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Joris
Hey Joris,

thanks for the feedback.

All this is addressed in the new website [1] which we will be releasing
in the next weeks. If you have any specific ideas what to say about
those things, feel free to reply to this mail and propose any ideas of
yours.

I'm CC'ing the Xubuntu developer mailing list [2] too, please keep that
address in the reply CC, so others can follow. (You might want to
register to the list first, so your mails do not need moderating.)

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://wp.xubuntu.org/