Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-07-17

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Jul 19 15:10:31 UTC 2011

== 2011-07-17 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
   Carried Forward
 * micahg to find what Ubuntu-desktop does with java in
   restricted-extras - Carried Forward
 * GridCube to put together the "TOP 10" for Xubuntu
 * start ML discussion on panels, reviews of current panels, launchers
   on panels, etc - Carried Forward
 * All teams need to review website content - Carried Forward
  * insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
   * send updates to the xubuntu-devel mailing list
   * charlie-tca AT ubuntu DOT com
   * post them and give us the URL
   * submit a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

 * merge of the newer xfce4-indicator-plugin release that fixes
   transparency in progress
 * firefox beta 1 is in Oneiric, beta 2 should get in next week
 * pavucontrol and pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
 * look at the possibility of adding midori as a second browser

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * Testing had no images this week
 * Keep the bugs coming in, please
  * We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * beardygnome brought up the ability to add the Xfce news feed to the
   Xubuntu website. This seems like a very good idea, since Xubuntu is
   based on Xfce, and it would help to keep us informed of any changes
   being planned.
 * All teams need to review website content
  * insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
 * we're testing the imgcapt plugin, please contact knome for
   information

==== Artwork ====

 * finished the compact xfwm4 theme (good as alternative for netbooks
   etc., 18px height instead of 24px)
 * added full support for compiz (emerald and metacity themes)
 * looking into gtk3 again in oneiric, will need to write a gtk3
   specific version of the theme
 * there's a git-repo for greybird
  * https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird
 * can themes be added to a ppa so when an update to the theme is
   done we can see it on the update manager?

==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
   update it.

=== Announcements ===

 * The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-07-25 at 19:00 UTC
 * Important dates coming up:
  * 10.04.3 Release: July 21, 2011
  * We will not be releasing 10.04.3, but will be involved with testing
   Ubuntu.
  * 11.10 Alpha 3: August 4, 2011
  * 11.10 FeatureFreeze : August 11, 2011
  * 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
  * UDS-P will be in Orlando, Florida the week of October 31 - Nov 4.
   Please apply for sponsorship by August 24.
  * UDS-P information at
   http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/07/15/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open-2/

=== Any Other Business ===

 * running other distributions and answering help requests in #xubuntu
  * too many are now receiving answers of "I don't use Xubuntu, and
   can't really help with that"
  * Xubuntu users will now use !behelpful on a line by itself to help
   notify those individuals that their comments are not appropriate.
 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 * Meeting log is available at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-07-17

=== Action items ===

 * GridCube to put together a top 10 FAQ for the website
 * GridCube and Unit193 to get screenshots for the website
 * GridCube to start a review on the xubuntu-devel ML for gimp

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https:wiki.ubuntu.comXubuntuStrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead