Xubuntu.org Website Review

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Tue Jul 19 10:12:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

On tiistai 19 heinäkuu 2011, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:47:06 +0300
> > Eero Tamminen <oak at helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> > If user has also installed e.g. ubuntu studio metapackage, should the
> > other login alternative on his Xubuntu distribution login screen be
> > for "Ubuntu Studio distribution" or "Gnome desktop"?
>
> I think we should focus on people installing Xubuntu from the Xubuntu
> iso.
>
> People installing in any other way, we may consider them mid-level
> users, knowing a bit about Ubuntu technical.

The use-case above is about user who had installed Xubuntu like
you described.  And after install, installed additional packages
to his/her Xubuntu install, ones that pulled in another desktop
due to to the dependencies.

(For example I manage my photos with digikam and burn my DVDs
with k3b as Xubuntu alternatives don't have enough features or
are too buggy.  These pull in KDE stuff.)

	- Eero