Fwd: New Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter section

Chris cyber.druif at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:37:45 UTC 2011

Hai Charlie (and the rest),

I think something went wrong with your reply so I forwarded to everyone
again.
@Scott K: I think it's a problem with using a lot of terms side-by-side and
mixing things up even. As you can see, the page [1] Ubuntu uses is called
Derivatives. However on that same page the officially recognized once are
suddenly called "flavor". In my humble opinion it's a more friendly term to
use, but we should get some (dare I say it?) "Unity" in our naming scheme.
It might have been my mistake, because the information [2] given by Kate
apparently also talked about Flavors. But it's important everyone knows
what the "correct" term is/should be.

I hope this clears up some of the mess (originally created to ask for help
on getting links to the meeting minutes).

With metta, Chris

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/derivatives
[2] http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/12/05/%23ubuntu-news.html starting from
18:15