New Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter section

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 05:28:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> None of these are derivatives (Mint is a derivative).  These are other
> distribution products developed in the Ubuntu project.  I think it's
> much more correct to refer to them as siblings to Ubuntu (Desktop) and
> Ubuntu Server.
>
> I know you didn't make up this terminology, but in no sense of the word
> is derivative correct.

Scott why bring this up to the UWN folks who are trying their hardest
to bring the news to folks, why not bring it up to the release manager or others
to change this.  Chris, who is new to the news team, wanted to add a
section to cover these distributions, and establish a relationship as
well as let you all know what we (the news were doing).
help with encouragement, inclusion and good will.  It's like you
are beating up the messenger.

We on the news team are trying our best to bring coverage about as
many of the flavors, derivatives, siblings or whatever you want to
call them.  We were asking for your help and instead you complain
about the word.  Seriously?

Cheers,
Amber

--
Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://akgraner.com/

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds