Replacing GDM with LXDM

Glenn glenn_de_groot at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 05:55:10 UTC 2010

Hello,

my name is Glenn de Groot and I have been following the Xubuntu, Ubuntu
and Lubuntu projects for almost a year.
My major question always was why Xubuntu doesn´t ship with something
more lightweight than GDM.
The best replacement is LXDM, on google I have seen some information
about LXDM and Xubuntu but it wasn´t chosen because it didn´t run on Ubuntu.
Well at least now it does, it works beautifully in Lubuntu and it is
even themable:

http://blog.lxde.org/?p=595 (I think you should contact PCman for more
information)

Also, GDM needs 45 dependencies and LXDM 20.
And alot of GDM´s dependencies are gnome ones.

I hope this will be discussed for Maverick :)

-Glenn de Groot