Updates for Lucid Lynx

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Apr 6 19:36:45 UTC 2010

Today we started beta2 testing for Lucid. We have three weeks until
lucid releases. The scheduled release date is 2010-04-29, and at this
time, it appears accurate.

Could we get the xubuntu.org website updated with news about 10.04 ? We
have done no advertising to speak of, not even the beta1 release notes.
With three weeks to release, the only way anyone knows we are going to
release Xubuntu 10.04 is through the Ubuntu Release Team. They did
reference Xubuntu in the release notes.

We really should have release notes for beta2. We also should have a
news clip on http://www.xubuntu.org about lucid.

Are we going to let the word out? Perhaps some blogging could be done,
a news clip written and posted to the website, etc. Do we have a
countdown timer we could use? Are we going to have a new background?

Time is running out. It seems to me we, as a team, need to start
getting word out. We also have Ubuntu Open Week coming. Are we doing
anything for it? That has been a great way to get some people involved.

Enough rambling.... Are there any answers?

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance