Xubuntu Website Software (was: Re: UDS Karmic Goals)

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Tue May 26 16:48:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:

> >     * About the website, what could we add to it in order to make it
> >       more useful ? A sort of planet.xubuntu.org
> >       <http://planet.xubuntu.org> ? More support options from the
> >       start page ? What are we going to do for the lack of mirrors, too ?
> >
> In a few days I can showcase you a partly static site running WordPress
> (MU). I still think we should switch to WP to get new features more
> easily. Also with WP we could easily aggregate developer blogs into a
> blog planet.

We're not interested in aggregating developer blogs into a blog planet -
planet.ubuntu.com already serves a similar purpose.

Also, what "new features" does the website need and how would WP deliver
them more easily than with Drupal? WP is for blogs, Drupal is for websites.
Drupal, being the right tool for the job, is the standard CMS used across
*Ubuntu projects.

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Foundations Team