Karmic Spec: Thunderbird Vs. Claws

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Thu May 14 13:23:51 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on what I worked on recently, a comparison between
Thunderbird and Claws as standard mail client for Xubuntu Karmic.

You can find my comparison here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Karmic/ThunderbirdVsClaws
If you have thoughts on it, let me know. As it was a first-timer for me there might be
points that I've missed etc.

I hope this spec will be a good basis for deciding on the standard-mail client in Xubuntu
Karmic.

All the best
Simon

By the way, if I find the time I will try to do another test between gpicview and
geeqie (a gqview-fork), but I can't promise I'll be done with that before UDS.