UDS Karmic Goals

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Jun 9 10:28:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:29:11 -0300
"Cody A.W. Somerville" <cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> 3. Identify and possibly fix the login delay issue.

This is partly fixed by now. xfce4-settings-helper did some evil tricks
to sneak itself into the session if it wasn't in there already. Brian
fixed that. It looks like the priority with which xfce4-settings-helper
starts (something we considered a possible reason for the delay back at
UDS) is not really important after all.

At least on my machine it now takes only about 2-3 seconds to log in.

>  * A bug in the session management helper functions used by numerous
> Xfce4 applications was found that made it impossible to set your own
> priority level for said Xfce4 apps.

This one still exists. But it isn't related to the log in bug. The last
login bug I know about is that dozens of xfdesktop's or panels are
spawned at startup. AFAIK, Brian is on it.

  - Jannis