Free Quick Ship Discs ready

Todd Robinson todd at webpath.net
Fri Jul 31 18:59:56 UTC 2009

Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi
> <mailto:open at knome.fi>> wrote:

>         On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Todd Robinson
>         <todd at webpath.net <mailto:todd at webpath.net>> wrote:
>
>             Ok, I received some really great input from the beta test.
>             It turned out
>             that just about everyone except American Express users had
>             a problem
>             checking out with the product showing no cost. I'm told it
>             is because of
>             "fraud prevention" measures.
>
>             I've now taken a much more standard approach of using sets
>             of direct
>             attributes and it looks like the Quick Ship service is
>             ready to go.
>
>             When linking PLEASE link directly to the Quick Ship wiki
>             page. It
>             contains important information and links to two separate
>             pages to obtain
>             discs. One for domestic U.S. the other world wide. It will
>             also reflect
>             any future changes to the program.
>             https://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service
>
>             I'm wondering if any developers have an objection to me
>             turning off the
>             standard Xubuntu listing?
>             http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/707
>
>             Please let me know if there are any objections,
>             Todd
>

>         OK then, I don't think anybody objected so I suppose I can add
>         it to the website now. One question: should I still mark this
>         as being a trial? Also, if you ever decide to stop this
>         program, could you notify me and the xubuntu-devel list?
>
>         Not sure what you mean by "turning off the standard Xubuntu
>         listing" btw.
>
>         Thanks,
>
>         --
>         Vincent
>
>         --

>     Vincent,
>
>     If I understand correctly the Xubuntu disc won't be available as
>     "normal" On-disk.com purchase, but only as the Quick service,
>     which is more manual than the normal one.
>

> Still not sure what the difference is :P
>

>     And sure, I think we can already include a link on our website.
>     Just make sure it's not "official" or Canonical supported thing in
>     any way but merely a free software community effort.
>

> Of course, it will be clear that it's not an effort by Canonical nor
> the Xubuntu Developers :)
>
> One more question: could we see a photo of what the disks look like?
> Just out of curiosity...
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Vincent
Here is a PNG of the graphic we print directly to a silver CD. The CD
looks much better than this graphic, but at the moment Karlie has the
camera and she's out looking for a birthday present for me so I'm not
going to interrupt her ;)
http://on-disk.com/cms/data/files/Xubuntu_9.04_32bit_CD.png

If you want to spiff it up in any way I'd say sure, have at it. We are
able to print photo quality and many of the developers make their own
graphics. The larger the graphic the better. 800x800 is about the
minimum. 1024x1024 or larger will print up quite nicely.