CD Distribution

Charlie Kravetz cjk at
Mon Feb 9 22:37:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:46:37 -0800
Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at> wrote:

> As an Xubuntu user and a Fedora Ambassador who handles CD
> distribution on the US West Coast, it's not a stupid idea.
> It would take volunteers to maintain it, a budget to provide CDs to
> people by mail, and this speaks to perhaps Xubuntu tapping into the
> Ubuntu LoCo groups to help with this (if Xubuntu users aren't active
> in the LoCos already) by having Xubuntu disks available to those
> folks going to LUG meetings and other GNU/Linux events.
> [Also, is this where this discussion should take place? The
> Development Discussion list? ]
> I'd be open to helping organize this, because Xubuntu is probably the
> best of the *buntus, as far as I'm concerned.
> Larry Cafiero
> Felton Linuxworks
> 6116 Highway 9, Suite 4
> Felton, CA 95018
> 831-335-7303

I would think this is as good a place as any, since the other Xubuntu
mailing list is user tech support. I like the idea, but don't have the
resources or time to invest too deeply.

Probably should get the Marketing team involved in this discussion,

Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914          []
Never let anyone steal your DREAM.           []