CD Distribution

hpp3 at lavabit.com hpp3 at lavabit.com
Mon Feb 9 22:16:57 UTC 2009

Thanks Larry, glad to make the acquaintance of just the person I was hoping
I could talk to.

I sent this to xubuntu-devel for two reasons:
1) I was already signed up here.
2) I had a hunch it would catch Cody's ear quicker from here. :)

I'm more than willing to take this discussion to another board if it would
be more appropriate elsewhere, but to reply:

I was hoping this idea could circumvent the whole need for a budget by
putting the actual distribution in the hands of the community.
Perhaps such a thing would be a recipe for disaster if folks ended up
receiving bad burns or (Say it ain't so!!) a nice little rootkit
slipstreamed in.
In that case, I can see the need for an "official" distribution system with
trusted, registered donors and tested disks.

Hmmm...

-Eddy