first mail

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Sat Dec 5 02:19:02 UTC 2009

surendrababu jampani wrote:
> hai i am surendra jampani from India .......a young software graduate
> want to contribute to open source and require your direction and
> experiance in my journey......please tell me how ca i participate in
> the development of our open source
> thanking you one and all
>
> with regards

Hi Surendra,

a good way to get started is to follow this mailing list for a bit –
we're just starting the development on the Lucid Lynx release, which is
to be released in April 2010. Another good way to get to know people and
get yourself know is to join our development channel #xubuntu-devel on
the Freenode IRC network.

I'd also suggest you to join the support channel, #xubuntu, and maybe
give some end-user support for people, if you feel like it. While this
is also a good way to get known, it's also a great way to dig deeper in
what Xubuntu really, how it works and what isn't really working right now.

Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead
Web-designer, graphic artist
IRC: knome @ freenode