Ubuntu Open Week Sessions

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Apr 9 16:09:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:20:02 +0300
Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:

> Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > We are preparing for the next Ubuntu Open Week, which is the week
> > after release, 27 April - 1 May. Ubuntu Open Week is a week-long set
> > of IRC workshop sessions held by various members of the community to
> > the public. They cover a vast set of topics, anything from
> > development to LoCos, translations, bugs, answers, launchpad, bzr,
> > packaging, community development, and more.
> >
> > As you can see, the schedule is blank:
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/
> >
> > I am collecting interested topics for discussion here:
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Prep
> >
> > I am looking for volunteers to run sessions!
> >
> Hi everybody,
>
> just a quick reminder that we are close to Ubuntu Open Week. Maybe we
> should have a session about Xubuntu?
>
> If somebody wants to keep a session, I'm open in helping, if I'm
> needed.

Okay, a little help, please. Am I the only one that sees a great
opportunity here? Ubuntu Open Week is a time to show the community what
a great distribution Xubuntu really is! Why don't I see us doing a "how
to get involved in Xubuntu", "Xubuntu is made for lower-end hardware",
"XFCE 4.6 and upwards". These are a few ideas. This is for the USERS,
not the inside group. UDS and Ubuntu Developers Week take care of
insiders. Is there anything we want to tell the world?

How do we get more people involved in Xubuntu without showcasing some
of it? I am not the best person to run a presentation. That does not
mean I won't. I can't do it alone, though. We have a whole week here to
"show and tell". Are we just going to let it go by without being
involved?

--
Charlie Kravetz