Ubuntu Open Week Sessions

Thu Apr 9 17:51:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Charlie Kravetz
<cjk at teamcharliesangels.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:20:02 +0300
> Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:
>
> > Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > We are preparing for the next Ubuntu Open Week, which is the week
> > > after release, 27 April - 1 May. Ubuntu Open Week is a week-long set
> > > of IRC workshop sessions held by various members of the community to
> > > the public. They cover a vast set of topics, anything from
> > > development to LoCos, translations, bugs, answers, launchpad, bzr,
> > > packaging, community development, and more.
> > >
> > > As you can see, the schedule is blank:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/
> > >
> > > I am collecting interested topics for discussion here:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Prep
> > >
> > > I am looking for volunteers to run sessions!
> > >
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > just a quick reminder that we are close to Ubuntu Open Week. Maybe we
> > should have a session about Xubuntu?
> >
> > If somebody wants to keep a session, I'm open in helping, if I'm
> > needed.
> >

> Okay, a little help, please. Am I the only one that sees a great
> opportunity here? Ubuntu Open Week is a time to show the community what
> a great distribution Xubuntu really is! Why don't I see us doing a "how
> to get involved in Xubuntu", "Xubuntu is made for lower-end hardware",
> "XFCE 4.6 and upwards". These are a few ideas. This is for the USERS,
> not the inside group. UDS and Ubuntu Developers Week take care of
> insiders. Is there anything we want to tell the world?
>
> How do we get more people involved in Xubuntu without showcasing some
> of it? I am not the best person to run a presentation. That does not
> mean I won't. I can't do it alone, though. We have a whole week here to
> "show and tell". Are we just going to let it go by without being
> involved?

Well, I'll try to be there to assist (do be sure to send a reminder here
;-), but I'll be going on a holiday in two hours so I don't really have much
time to spend planning... Furthermore, from the 24th to the 26th I'll also
be away, so I'm quite busy this month ;-). But, as said, I'll try to be
there, and perhaps when I get back (the 19th) I can prepare something, if
someone wants to collaborate :)

--
Vincent