Testing Xubuntu 8.04 on Toshiba A105 - Help!

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:40:48 UTC 2008

On 5/7/08, Bob Gotthardt <bobgott at ptd.net> wrote:

>  Vincent,
>
> I appreciate the reply and did send the question (twice) to Xubuntu team
> last week. I have decades of IT experience and fascinated in Ubuntu
> distribution (I'm an old RedHat user).

Do note that this is a Xubuntu mailinglist - for Ubuntu-specific questions
you might be more lucky at Ubuntu mailinglists.

I want to contribute and have started a test scenario (see list of machines
> tested below). You are the first to contact me!
>
> In testing, I may have answered my own questions!
>
> * Toshiba A105 laptop:
> I ordered an additional 1GB ram and installed Ubuntu 8.04 [i386], with a
> 3G swap partition and 7+G left for root etal. All seems well except sound
> from FireFox and I don't seem to have driver for Windows/Dell network
> printer. It gets there, acts like it's printing but nada!

The best way to report bugs is by visiting bugs.ubuntu.com and reporting it
there. You need an account, then you can report the bug - be sure to check
for duplicates first.

* AMD3100:
> This XP machine has 110 GB of 160GB drive available, 8.04 tested well and
> I am defragging now. Do you have a process for XP Drive "shrinkage"? The
> Vista procedure worked well.

IIRC, the Xubuntu/Ubuntu installer (at least the graphical one) has support
for resizing existing partitions. See
http://www.23hq.com/Vincentt/photo/2589705 (the top option is resizing)

I look forward to hearing from you or other team members.

--
Vincent