Xubuntu: Preparing for March 26th Meeting

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 23 22:38:25 UTC 2008

Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just a quick request to everyone planning to attend the March 26th
> Xubuntu community meeting [1]. If you could brainstorm and jot some
> ideas down prior to the meeting about:
>
>     * What is the Xubuntu mission statement?;
>     * What are Xubuntu's core objectives?;
>     * What is the best strategy for achieving our goals?; and
>     * How can we get more people involved and contributing to Xubuntu?
>
> I'm confident that our meeting will be highly successful and that
> we'll be able to come together as a community to reach an important
> level of consensus on some of these very important issues. If anyone
> has any comments, questions, or concerns about the meeting then please
> feel free to contact me or another member of the Xubuntu team [2].
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cody A.W. Somerville
> Xubuntu Team Lead

I'll be sure to be there. ;)

Cody, as the current defacto lead (I hope the meeting cements that role)
I think that points 1&2 should be defined by you and your core team. I'm
not saying you shouldn't look for input from a wider community, just
ultimately it's your show and you have to go with your gut. Everyone
will have an opinion as to what Xubuntu *should* be. :P

Points 3&4 I think can be much more up for debate and planning.

I would also like to see a blog/planet/forums posting about this meeting
because I feel this can be a significant part of Xubuntu development. So
getting a wide word out I would think is best.

-Cory \m/

PS: Now that I look under you name, are you "officially" the lead? A
clear transfer of power been made somewhere?