Inclusion of epiphany (wad: inclusion of firefox 3)

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Wed Mar 5 12:14:37 GMT 2008

<749ebd440803030846h6559a5b3oea6f98f57c6248 at mail.gmail.com>
<47CC3037.600 at crosslink.net>
<749ebd440803030909y51a38cd8m438432f7fb928c9c at mail.gmail.com>
<47CC6039.30106 at crosslink.net> <47CD92E4.4080203 at crosslink.net>
<749ebd440803041040n436ff333v1baae8a088742530 at mail.gmail.com>
<47CD9B42.2080102 at crosslink.net> <1204718015.6246.56.camel at adrianr.fortech.ro>

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:53:35 +0200, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> ÃŽn data de Ma, 04-03-2008 la 13:56 -0500, vidd a scris:
>
>> > Hava you tried installing Epiphany or Firefox 2 and install Java?
>> no, Epiphany requires too much gnome for my meager machines, and I didnt
>
>> get around to monkeying with firefox-2 (I had done so much mettling on
>> the system, that I formated to a pristeen condition, and found the
>> firefox3 cure)
>>

>> >     Thanks
>> >
>> >     vidd
>
> Vidd you should try Epiphany! I'm using Epiphany just because Firefox
> (at least on Linux) for normal users sucks!

Can I use <fancy add-on/extension name> on Epiphany?

FF sucks indeed, but the vast amount of add-ons make it a real killer app,
despite the memory usage and general slowness.

I've however seen FF3 beta 1 and it looked like it was a whole lot more
responsive and less memory hungry!

My Eur 0.02: Leave it as is. FF3 promises a lot of fancy new features and
speed with less memory usage.

-H-