Xubuntu draft documentation - please help review

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 21:35:11 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I've been making some good progress on the Xubuntu documentation for the
Hardy release, but there are still some areas that require work.  With that
in mind, I wanted to put a note out to the community to leverage your help
in advance of string freeze on March 20th.

A draft copy of the documentation is available online at:
http://doc.ubuntu.com/xubuntu

Known issues:
- I've added a new section about installing desktop themes, but that is
still a little rough.  The portion about installing icon themes will require
more work, too.  Suggestions are welcome, though.
- Please note, that some of the internal links - pointing to the
add-applications portions in particular - aren't working.  I'm going to fix
those.
- I haven't written any documentation about "OnBoard"

How can you help then?
- Are there any topics that aren't covered that you would like included?  (I
ask that, but I think I'd prefer to have Compiz-fusion docs included on a
wiki... other topics are definitely welcome.)
- Is the "printing" section accurate? (I haven't had a chance to look at
that very much yet.)
- Any other suggestions, whatever they may be...

Bugs can be reported against the ubuntu-doc package in launchpad [1].  Just
be sure to reference xubuntu-docs in the bug report.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.  Even a little
help would be welcome.

Thanks, everyone,

Jim

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+filebug