seed changes

Jani Monoses jani at
Thu Feb 28 17:35:21 GMT 2008

Lionel Le Folgoc wrote:
> Jani Monoses-3 wrote:
>> Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
>>> However, if you didn't notice, Lionel put your changes back in the seeds
>>> with revision 743
>>> (
>> The xubuntu-desktop package has not been updated in since, so current
>> daily CD images still have the packages that are no longer in the seeds.
>> If the seeds were changed back to get those apps back it makes sense to
>> use them.
>> BTW the fact that what's in the desktop seed does not affect liveCDs
>> until a xubuntu-meta is uploaded shows that the claims that my modifying
>> the seeds interfered with alpha 4 testing image testing were simply
>> misleading.
>> Jani
> Please enlighten us then:
> What's the purpose of the following line from the log (hint: it doesn't make
> care bears play football) :
> * Fetching branch of

No idea :)

Ok it looks like both the old and current packages are on the CDs

They seem to have both gnome-screensaver and xscreensaver, squeeze and
Maybe some of this caused the recent overflow of alternate ISOs ?

> ?
> And grepping 'gnome-screensaver', 'file-roller' or 'gnome-system-monitor' on
> this log is gonna return 0, although xubuntu-meta hasn't been regenerated.
> So it does affect the alternate images at least, which, AFAIK, is part of
> the pre-releases images testing process. ;)

Indeed, my bad. It seems it takes into account the seeds, but until
xubuntu-desktop is uploaded all its dependencies are naturally still
present. So current Xubuntu CD testers have choice of both gnome and non
gnome apps for now :)