seed changes

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 5 17:46:34 UTC 2008

Jérôme Guelfucci wrote:
> Waou Vincent !
>
> Yeah we re doing the same, but we are working for Xubuntu, to make it
> good and not to make it an Ubuntu clone... He is modfying seeds...
> waou....

No make it an Ubuntu clone, I still do not see what the problems you
guys have with GNOME apps.
Instead of being vague please support your PoV on a per app basis.

> There were still 4 monthes of the development the changes we made were
> for testing the applications on a wide user field. There would of
> course have been announcements when things would have been sure. Like
> Jani did when he put gnome-screensaver, file-roller... You remeber
> this ? This really open development ? The supr all-mighty Jani
> speaking to the community....

You are not remembering well, please do not mislead others.
The order was this: I sent patch and got it accepted in upstream g-s-s
to get rid of gnome dependencies, told the list, modified the seeds and
the package was picked up with the next upload.

What is your version of the story?

> And remember that if you want gnome, it's stability, you can get an
> Ubuntu for the same price as a Xubuntu :) Like I've done on one of my
> two computers...

And if you want to know you only run Xfce stuff, even though it is kinda
missing features and has no measurable benefits performance wise you use
a pure Xubuntu, put together by GNOME haters with total disregard to reason.