docs status?

Luzius Thöny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:40:19 UTC 2007

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can someone from the doc-team give an update on what is the status of
> the xubuntu desktop guide for 7.10?
>
> thanks
> Jani

well, we are not done yet... as you might know, we decided to
discontinue the old desktop guide and base our gutsy docs on ubuntu's.
most of the docs habe been adjusted to fit xubuntu (mainly thanks to
george, jan and jim), but a few parts still need work (e.g. the chapter
about music / videso still talks about rhythmbox...).

we also have some issues with links, since many of the links from the
ubuntu docs are designed to work in yelp, which we don't ship, so we
need find a solution for this soon (see posts on ubuntu-doc ML list).

so, even though string freeze has passed, i think the docs desperatly
need some more work. i'm going to ask over on ubuntu-doc if that's
alright if we keep committing stuff for a few more days.

luzi