docs status?

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Sep 18 09:25:58 UTC 2007

Luzius Thöny kirjoitti:
> well, we are not done yet... as you might know, we decided to
> discontinue the old desktop guide and base our gutsy docs on ubuntu's.
> most of the docs habe been adjusted to fit xubuntu (mainly thanks to
> george, jan and jim), but a few parts still need work (e.g. the chapter
> about music / videso still talks about rhythmbox...).
>
> we also have some issues with links, since many of the links from the
> ubuntu docs are designed to work in yelp, which we don't ship, so we
> need find a solution for this soon (see posts on ubuntu-doc ML list).
>
> so, even though string freeze has passed, i think the docs desperatly
> need some more work. i'm going to ask over on ubuntu-doc if that's
> alright if we keep committing stuff for a few more days.
>
> luzi

I assume that the currently translatable desktop guide in launchpad is
obsolete and the new one will not be available for translation any time
soon? It would help even if an incomplete guide was made available for
translators as soon as possible instead of letting them waste their time
translating the old one.

- Jari