New panel size

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Nov 8 19:09:46 UTC 2007

Vincent wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> So, I think about everybody agrees Xubuntu's panels can be grealy
> decreased in size. I thought I'd turn it into a separate thread to avoid
> confusion.
>
> So: is there still anyone who thinks the panels should keep their
> current size, and if not, what should the new width be?
>
> --
> Vincent

After reading al these discussions about the idea to change the panel
size, to something other then 32 pixels. I wanted to give my 2 cent.

I have one BIG problem with this: The xfce panel and icons behave a bit
strange when it comes to decreasing the size:

The icons become very small and fuzzy when < 32 pixels. There is a to
big difference with 32 pixels and <32 pixels. It is visually very
unattractive to look at.

Until all *.desktop files get icons in the *.svg format, and the panel
gets a new system of calculation the space for these svg icons I vote
strongly against making the panel smaller then 32 pixels.

Best regards,

Jelle