Proposed Application for Xubuntu

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:19:10 UTC 2007

> What skills do you need to be able to do this? Would it be possible to
> learn this quickly, or do you need to know the programming language that
> program is written in and then dive into the source code?

The code is using GTK and written in C so familiarity with both helps.
One can learn parts of GTK while working on such apps, my first contact with GTK
was trying to make the evince patch to build w/o gnome libs 1.5 years ago.

You need to pick an app understand where it uses gnome APIs that can be changed ans
change them, then work with upstream on integrating them

Jani