Proposed Application for Xubuntu

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Wed May 9 20:31:47 BST 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Ronnie Whisler wrote:
> ripperx could also be an option i suppose as a cd ripper I was just
> trying to find one that did both
>
> xfreecd is a small little cd player too again i was just referring to
> grip because i wanted a program that could do both
> > also grip doesn't have any gnome dependencies that I'm aware of.

"apt-cache show grip"

There are quite a few of them.  I've used earlier versions of grip and
it works pretty nicely.  If somebody would just volunteer to patch out
the worst dependencies and submit the patch upstream... :-)

Btw. One of the inclusion requirements should be that application is fairly
well localized.   How well all these are translated?

Does Ubuntu have any requirements to which languages an application
should be translated (say >90%) to get into release?

	- Eero