Artwork update

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 20:59:20 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
> jmak kirjoitti:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here are some xubuntu-artwork-screenshots  I am working on.
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Gutsy/Incoming
> >
> > The goal is to create a super-unified desktop experience, the best to
> > date. We also have to make sure that in addition to the graphics the
> > gtk and the icon themes too go into the release. For the gtk theme I
> > suggest murrina blue-gray and for the icon theme nuevo.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
> >
> > jmak
> >

> Just a couple of small nitpicks:
>
> I think the brightly lit Xubuntu text doesn't work that well with the
> more toned down logo nor the background. How would the text look with a
> darker outside stroke?
>
> Secondly, assuming the vertical panel is supposed to be the new default,
> don't you think it might be a bit offputting to some first time linux
> users? I don't really mind if customization is made very discoverable.
> It would certainly make the Xubuntu desktop stand out from the flock, if
> that's what you're aiming at.
>
> I'd also have to agree with Hexzenn about the GTK theme being quite
> cold, but so is the icon set. I can't say if this is a bad thing, as
> it's probably just a matter of taste. Personally I like the smoothness
> of MurrinaFancyClearlooksSand (link can be found in Hexzenn's mail) with
> HumanAzul2 icons[1] and the new default Xfwm4 theme in svn trunk (as of
> yesterday?). Attached you'll find a very minimal screenshot of the new
> Xfwm4 theme (running Xfwm4 4.4.0, so only the theme is from svn trunk).

This means that we don't have to worry about murrina packaging
anymore; however, I think that we have to modify the color of the
default murrina theme because it is too warm, too beige, and it
doesn't go that well with the blue background. Gray is the  best for
this purpose because it is a neutral color and harmonizes with  every
color. I guess that's why apple themes are gray; once you have it you
don't have to worry about color dissonance. And elegant too.

jmak

--
http://jozmak.blogspot.com/
http://jozmak.googlepages.com/