Deferred Edgy Ideas for Feisty

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Wed Jan 10 08:33:36 UTC 2007

Cody Somerville wrote:
> The current package will use gksudo to run as root. However, it is
> something we can look at and discuss with upstream if we ever decide
> to ship pyNeighborhood (which would require it getting promoted to
> Main first). I've already been in contact with the upstream author and
> I'm sure he could help us out.
Could someone explain me what's so good about pyNeighborhood?

I use fusesmb for a while now and has these benefits:
- No root rights needed
- Works in _every_ application as it creates a directory structure for
all computers/shares found
- No need for mounting shares

Cons:
- No graphical configuration editor...