I will voluntairto guide Clawsmail to become a good mail client and be its MOTO

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Feb 27 11:10:31 UTC 2007

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2219597#post2219597
http://www.claws-mail.org/

Hello guy's,

There have been a lot of heated discussions about the default mail
client for xubuntu.

Clawsmail vs Thunderbird

I believe that Thunderbird is on this moment the best client for the
normal non geek user and clawsmail need a lot of work. But there are
people that disagree with that, so I tried to convince them. But they
are fanatic and want more information (I like that, means they stand
behind what the do!)

So I made a decision's. I will be the package maintainer for the next 3
or 2 releases of xubuntu. Then we will come together again and decide if
clawsmail is user friendly enough to become the default mail client for
xubuntu.

I will work together with the clawsmail developers to address problems
and do debugging and feature request etcetera.

What do you people think of it!

(please no discussion about clawsmail vs thunderbird in the mailinglist!!)