List of the apps to be stripped of GNOME dependencies

Lionel Le Folgoc mrpouit at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 20 21:09:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

Lionel Le Folgoc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Giuseppe Torelli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> can someone make a list of those apps which needs to be stripped of
>> GNOME deps please? This way we can assign each app to volunteers and
>> begin the work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> IMO, there is one important app:
>
> * evince: it's depending on libgnome{,ui,vfs,keyring} and pushing them
> on the iso. This is not too much hard work (updating the patches from
> the 0.5.2-0ubuntu7 version), a bit long though; I wanted to do it, but I
> didn't have the time/motivation, sorry :/ (see
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/121871). I think
> Jani should be able to help since he made the previous patches.

Some news about this one: the libgnome{,ui} dependencies are caused by a
packaging issue (the gnome variant is shipped in both packages) and
should be fixed soon (see the link above for more details).
The libgnome-{keyring,vfs} dependencies aren't a big pain, and since
there is no real equivalent for libgnome-vfs, I think we can keep them.

Cheers,
Lionel