Poll for GNOME dependencies

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 21:59:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 8/9/07, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please reply to this question with yes or no:
>
> Are you favorable to ship Gutsy with GNOME dependencies?

Giusseppe, I think we're setting up a false choice here.  First, we already
ship with some gnome deps.  So even you would have to say Yes if you wanted
to ship a functioning Xubuntu.

Second, saying "Yes," doesn't mean an absolute, "Yes, let's ship with all
possible Gnome dependencies," or anything like it.

Let's not go through with this quiz and instead focus on our discussion,
which has already brought up some good points on both sides of the issue.

Jim