Xhelp code on launchpad ready

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:23:55 UTC 2007

Hi Jani,

Thanks for your feedback.  Giusseppe has already responded to the technical
items, and your suggestions are all reasonable - I just wish they had come
sooner.  We talked about it at a couple of our IRC meetings [1], and there
was also a pretty decent thread on the mailing list seeking feedback on the
proposed project [2] before any real work had been started.

Xubuntu is a volunteer project, though.  No one person is going to read
every ML thread or go to every meeting.  Given that, is there anything we
can do to prevent situations like this in the future?

Jim

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2007-05-20
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2007-05-30
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2007-06-16