Bug: Xarchiver 0.3.2 disapeers while opening tar.bz2 files.& About the xarchiver.pot

ZM Chen cosmolax at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:56:04 UTC 2006

Hello, I downloaded some themes and skin files form xfce look website.

1. Some of them come with tar.bz2 extension.

  I had try to launch xarchiver from application menu and also trought the
right click menu in Thunar with open by xarchiver for opening archivers.
  I've tested *.bz2 , *.tar.gz , *.gz, they all ok on accessing and
extracting.
This situation just happen on tar.bz2.

2. I have traced the "svn.xfce.org" and used "sudo apt-get source xarchiver"
to get the xarchiver.pot from Internet.
And then I try to l10nize it ,after installed the compiled xarvhiver.mo to
my loceles's ~/LC_Messeages/ and launched xarchiver.
I found the pot file didn't include all the interface's strings.
Most fo the non-included strings show in menu and the file browser window.
I've compare some versions's xarchiver.pot, is that a problem caused with
gettext or something ?
Sorry I can't read the codes, I'm just a po translator, even I've try to
trace the .c files and find the untranslated strings in the sources.
I've try to manually add those l10n information and recompile a mo and
reinstalled but still not works.
It just wired that xarchiver doesn't have enough strings of interface and
menu and so on for L10n works.
Can anyone try to tell my how I can do for this problem ?