Bug: Xarchiver 0.3.2 disapeers while opening tar.bz2 files.& About the xarchiver.pot

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sat May 20 16:46:54 UTC 2006

> Hello, I downloaded some themes and skin files form xfce look website.
>
> 1. Some of them come with tar.bz2 extension.
>
>   I had try to launch xarchiver from application menu and also trought the
> right click menu in Thunar with open by xarchiver for opening archivers.
>   I've tested *.bz2 , *.tar.gz , *.gz, they all ok on accessing and
> extracting.
> This situation just happen on tar.bz2.

thanks for the report.

2. I have traced the "svn.xfce.org" and used "sudo apt-get source xarchiver"
> to get the xarchiver.pot from Internet.
> And then I try to l10nize it ,after installed the compiled xarvhiver.mo to
> my loceles's ~/LC_Messeages/ and launched xarchiver.
> I found the pot file didn't include all the interface's strings.
> Most fo the non-included strings show in menu and the file browser window.
> I've compare some versions's xarchiver.pot, is that a problem caused with
> gettext or something ?
> Sorry I can't read the codes, I'm just a po translator, even I've try to
> trace the .c files and find the untranslated strings in the sources.
> I've try to manually add those l10n information and recompile a mo and
> reinstalled but still not works.
> It just wired that xarchiver doesn't have enough strings of interface and
> menu and so on for L10n works.
> Can anyone try to tell my how I can do for this problem ?

the best way is to contact xarchiver upstream on the xfce4 i18n mailing
list. However they are not working on a new branch of xarchiver and I don't
think they'll change much on the 0.3 series. But for translating the current
package even with missing pot entries you can go to
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xarchiver/+translations
and start translating what is in dapper now. Although I am not sure how much
time is left till rosetta translation freeze.

Jani