Text Editor with highlight sintax

email.listen at googlemail.com email.listen at googlemail.com
Mon May 8 09:33:25 UTC 2006

Am Mon, 8. May 2006 02:27 schrieb Álvaro Justen [Turicas]:
> Hello,
> I want an text editor for programming in Xubuntu.
> I program PHP and Python.
> Anyone knows a program that doesn't use Gnome or KDE libs?
>
> --
> Abraços,
>  Álvaro Justen [Turicas]

boa-constructor
 RAD tool for Python and WxWindows application
 Boa-constructor is an IDE oriented towards creating cross-platform
 applications built on top of the Python language and the WxWindows GUI
 toolkit.

 It features:
  - visual wxWindows frame design,
  - object inspector and explorer,
  - syntax highlighting editor with code completion, call tips and code
    browsing for Python code,
  - syntax highlighting editor for C, C++, HTML, XML, config files (INI
    style),
  - documentation generation,
  - an integrated Python debugger,
  - integrated help,
  - a Python Shell,
  - an explorer able to browse, open/edit, inspect and interact with
    various data sources including files, CVS, Zope, FTP, DAV and SSH,
  - an UML view generator.

nedit
 A powerful, customizable, Motif based text editor
 NEdit is a multi-purpose text editor for the X Window System, which
 combines a standard, easy to use, graphical user interface with the
 thorough functionality and stability required by users who edit text
 eight hours a day. It provides intensive support for development in
 a wide variety of languages, text processors, and other tools, but
 at the same time can be used productively by just about anyone who
 needs to edit text.  Users of Macintosh and MS Windows based text
 editors will find NEdit a familiar and comfortable environment.

pype
 python programmers editor
 PyPE (Python Programmers Editor) is a lightweight but powerful
 editor.  Tools for the new and seasoned user alike are included
 out of the box, including syntax coloring, multiple open documents
 with tabs, per-document browsable source trees, and many others.

the
 Full-screen character mode text editor
 THE (The Hessling Editor) is a text editor that uses both command
 line commands and key bindings to operate. It is intended to be
 similar to the VM/CMS System Product Editor, XEDIT and to KEDIT
 from Mansfield Software.

regards,
thomas