Found GUI Printer Admin- This could be it!

S.W.B. sb73542 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 22:51:12 UTC 2006

Hey,

Why not use redhat-config-printers to administer printers?

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/redhat-config-printer.html
More screenshots:
http://ait.web.psi.ch/services/linux_new/guides/system/cups/configure_local_printer/

The Redhat (Fedora) config tools are actually quite lightweight, and
they just need pygtk and obviously python.  I'm pretty sure that at
least redhat-config-printer can be built without dependancy on Kudzu.

This is a very powerful and relatively easy to use tool, and it doesn't
need Gnome.  I would assume it is well translated into other languages
too.  It seems like a shame to leave it out just because it's a
Fedora/Redhat tool.  It's open source, after all.  You could name it
something else.  Like I said in another post, gtklpq is good enough for
queue management.