Translations (i18) incomplete

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon May 1 15:22:00 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, juha <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I just tried xubuntu beta-2 and I noticed that i18 support was not very
> complete.
> Most texts were in english even though I changed language to Finnish.
> Some were
> in Fi, so I think the setup works. Is that a known beta "feature" or a
> bug?

a bug I assume.

Menu was translated, but for example settings window was in english.
> (and I know those translations do exist in xfce)

So is xfce compiled from svn trunk translated? If so can you point out
specific packages which
are translated upstream but do not seem to be in ubuntu?
This is an area we need more feedback in all languages. Preferably
comparisons with the state in
xfce upstream so in case the packaging or the installation has some faults
we know. If upstream
translations are lacking they probably need som help.

thanks
Jani