goodies packaging

Gauvain Pocentek gauvainpocentek at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 3 07:57:07 UTC 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Gauvain and Daniele
>
> for the plugins you are going to work on from now please do the
> following in addition
> to normal tasks:
> make sure that the installed .desktop file (in
> /usr/share/applications) contains the following
> entry as the last line
> X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=package
> where package is replaced by the gettext domain of the package, and is
> most  of the times
> the name of the executable it installs. That is usually the
> GETTEXT_DOMAIN variable in the
> Makefile in the po/ directory.
I have some issue with this.
The .desktop default installation is in /usr/share/xfce4/panel-plugins,
and installing it in /usr/share/applications doesn't work, the plugin
doesn't appear in the 'add new item' menu.

Will the X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain entry work if the .desktop file is not
in the expected location? I'm not sure of this.

What can we do?

Gauvain